Like most paranormal investigators around the world today, we are always learning and gathering knowledge as we explore and investigate reported hauntings around Ontario. We make our findings publicly available whenever possible so that the public can also share in our knowledge and discoveries.
H.O.P.S. was formed in 2001 and is one of the first groups to offer public membership. H.O.P.S is dedicated to providing paranormal evidence from around North America.
We conduct paranormal investigations scientifically and present our results as consistent as possible a method that many others do not use. In all cases, we will not jump to any conclusions but leave room for our community to brainstorm. We are committed to authenticating evidence and documenting the existence of paranormal activity through audio, video, and other electronic means by using scientific equipment and reproducible methodologies, we are able to conduct comprehensive investigations which allow us to interpret and analyze the evidence collected and then present our findings to stakeholders.
In applying skepticism to our investigations, we seek to dispel cultural and social bias that is often associated with reports of paranormal activity. Our view is that true skepticism is not about dismissing claims of unusual events but rather in gathering all available evidence and assessing the findings on their own merit.
Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society encourages skepticism. We take any evidence we think may be of paranormal origin and make every attempt to discredit it.
The evidence presented on our web site includes both that which seems to have a rational explanation as well as that which may have had its origins in the paranormal. We let you be the judge. Whether you are a believer or a skeptic, we have made available our findings so that you may draw your own conclusions based on our investigations and research.
"Thinking about joining our team"
Theres one thing I enjoy the most about being the founder of a paranormal team, is having new members joining our "ELITE" investigating team. This field is growing so fast like weed, theirs a paranormal team almost on every corner of a local town. We are a groing investigation group learning everyday from past and current investigation we have members from all walk of life, from plumbers to it consultant to paramedic to architect to retiree. We are dedicated FREE VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION of people. Bring a new member to our organization you just don’t become a team member you are part of a family that shares the same passion as everyone else at Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society. When we work closely, as we do on investigations we built character, trust ,and relationships.Take care Daniel Touchette Founder- Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society firstname.lastname@example.org Please fill in the application form below and we will contact you for a scheduled interview time. You are invited for the day and participate in the day events. Haunted Ottawa is committed to signing up potential members that have the fortitude and character to join an organization which has been serving Ontario since 2001. Below are the rules and standards in which we are looking for in prospective members. If you would like to join our group, please fill in the application form below and we will try to get back to you within 48 hours.
- Must be 25 years of age or older (some exception may apply).
- Must have own transportation.
- Must have a VALID Ontario Drivers license or equivalent.
- Annual membership fee of $60.00 or $10.00 monthly.
- Must be willing to follow the H.O.P.S. organizational outline and be able to follow direction and instruction given by senior H.O.P.S. members, founders and Chain of Command.
- Must sign a non-disclosure agreement and a moral right form once accepted in the group.
- Must complete a 3 month probation period (Mandatory).
- Must have completed the online application form and received a formal invitation for an interview.
- Will be asked to complete a quick Proficiency test on recruitment night.
- Must be an active presence on the message board.
- Must have a basic working knowledge of Paranormal Phenomena.
- Must be willing to follow H. O. P. S. Protocol and guidelines for investigations.
- Must be willing to participate in ongoing training workshops offered through H.O.P.S. or their affiliates.
- Minor expenditures may be incurred during the course of an investigation such as fuel, film, meals, audio/video tapes, etc. H.O.P.S., as a FREE VOLUNTEER research group will not be responsible for such expenditures and will not refund these costs.