"To the believer, we have an overabundance of evidence. To the nonbeliever, we never have enough".
To conduct comprehensive investigations related to the paranormal and its related fields without any preconceived notions or established beliefs
- Educate HOPS members and the general public as to the nature of paranormal phenomena and its related fields.
- Explore, study, and document phenomena associated with the paranormal universe and its related field, while reporting findings with its members, as well as the general public.
- Keep all HOPS members well informed on upcoming events, on-site investigations, field trips, experiments, and monthly meetings.
- Have an open-door policy for those individuals who would like to join HOPS and are serious about conducting paranormal research under and in accordance with HOPS rules, protocols, scientific methodologies, as well as in compliance with ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- To have an open-door policy for those individuals who would like to join Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society, and are serious about conducting paranormal research under and in accordance with H.O.P.S. Rules, Protocols, Scientific Methodologies, and in compliance with ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- To keep all H.O.P.S. Members well informed on upcoming events, On-Site Investigations, Field Trips, Experiments, and Monthly Meetings.
- Conduct monthly meetings covering various topics related to the paranormal (i.e.: apparitions; electronic voice phenomena (evp); hauntings; use, care and storage of equipment; investigative techniques; etc.).
- Open the floors to all HOPS members and non-members for any questions or concerns that may arise from various topics related to the paranormal.
- To conduct research applying a degree of science, using a number of specialized equipment that will help an investigator locate and identify environmental anomalies caused by the presence of anything paranormal.
- To search for a rational, realistic explanation before an event is considered paranormal.
- To apply a percentage of skepticism but always maintain an open mind as to the possibility of the existence of phenomena related to paranormal activity.
- Not engaging in any investigation where the presence of alcohol, illegal drugs, legal drugs used in an illegal manner or controlled substances are present.
- Measure the area where an anomalous phenomenon takes place, and always take notes in a detailed methodical manner.
- To conduct interviews with those who reported the phenomena and those who are directly involved and witnessed first hand the presence of anomalous phenomena.
- To conduct research about the events that took place at the location under investigation and attempt to establish a relation between events from the past as to the events witnessed and reported in the present.
- To file and document reports from H.O.P.S. Investigators directly and physically involved in On-Site Investigations, Field Trips, Experiments, etc., describing personal experiences, symptoms, and any anomaly relevant to Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society.
- To analyze, examine, and process all material gathered from an On-Site Investigation, Field Trip, Experiment etc., and document any relevant material as to the nature of paranormal phenomena.
- To keep all material within the boundaries of Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society, always protecting the privacy and/or confidentiality of others.
- To help and assist those who are undergoing situations commonly known as paranormal, supernatural, abnormal, unexplained, etc.
- To listen to our client’s experiences, and understand any emotional distress.
- Operate Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society with the highest humane considerations possible.
- Offer services free of charge