Who We Are
Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society (H.O.P.S.) is a dedicated FREE VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION of people who do not have any preconceived or established beliefs about the paranormal. Together, we have a combined 25 years of paranormal experience. We are open-minded about ideas, beliefs, and further research and experimentation.
Like most paranormal investigators around the world today, we are always learning and gathering knowledge as we explore and investigate reported hauntings around Ontario. We make our findings publicly available whenever possible so that the public can also share in our knowledge and discoveries. H.O.P.S. was formed in 2001 and is one of the first groups to offer public membership. H.O.P.S is dedicated to providing paranormal evidence from around North America.READ MORE...
Mission & Accomplishments
To conduct comprehensive investigations related to the paranormal and its related fields without any preconceived notions or established beliefs
- Educate HOPS members and the general public as to the nature of paranormal phenomena and its related fields.
- Explore, study, and document phenomena associated with the paranormal universe and its related field, while reporting findings with its members, as well as the general public.
- Keep all HOPS members well informed on upcoming events, on-site investigations, field trips, experiments, and monthly meetings.
- Have an open-door policy for those individuals who would like to join HOPS and are serious about conducting paranormal research under and in accordance with HOPS rules, protocols, scientific methodologies, as well as in compliance with ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- To have an open-door policy for those individuals who would like to join Haunted Ottawa Paranormal Society, and are serious about conducting paranormal research under and in accordance with H.O.P.S. Rules, Protocols, Scientific Methodologies, and in compliance with ethical and professional standards of conduct.
- To keep all H.O.P.S. Members well informed on upcoming events, On-Site Investigations, Field Trips, Experiments, and Monthly Meetings.
- Conduct monthly meetings covering various topics related to the paranormal (i.e.: apparitions; electronic voice phenomena (evp); hauntings; use, care and storage of equipment; investigative techniques; etc.).
- Open the floors to all HOPS members and non-members for any questions or concerns that may arise from various topics related to the paranormal.